Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Body Shop Absinthe Review


Absinthe Hand Gel and Hand Cream
I got these products the other day on a cheeky visit to my local Body Shop, (see my haul post). I'm always interested in the new ranges they bring out, and I have been an avid fan of theirs for years, because of their ethics and quality products.

To me, the word absinthe smacks of alcohol. Just really, really strong alcohol, (and the Green Fairy in Moulin Rouge...), so I was very pleasantly surprised with the gorgeous minty, mouthwatering-ly fresh essence this range emits. It's packed full of Shea Butter, so it moisturises a treat, but the main purpose is to conceal odour. Think chopping garlic, or gardening, it's perfect for hardworking hands (or like me, just pampering before bed).

It really does work, I have a penchant for making Thai Green curry, which I love to chop onions and garlic and anything else under the sun, before whacking it all in. Normally, as those Nigella's out there know, Garlic is a bitch to remove from your fingers. Cold water, hot water...soap?! Nothing really does the trick, but this cream is like a mouthwash for the digits, a fresh, soothing wave of odour-neautralising bliss.

I bought the Hand Gel and the Hand Cream, the gel more for travelling around, and keeping mitts clean on the go, whilst the cream for a bit of scented luxury, post cooking or not! I love them both, and I am already looking to re-purchase, especially in one of The Body Shop's crazy discount offers!

Hand Gel
Hand Cream

Let me know if you have tried this, I am in love! I think I might be addicted to minty scented mitts, mmm delicious!

Love Lauren xx





9 comments:

  1. I've tried this too only the hand cream, I luv how it makes my hand feel so fresh! Good to hear u like it as well x
    I did a post on this last month if u want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your post on it, i just checked it out :)! Yeah I love it, and i'm thinking of trying the hand butter too, because that looks super moisturising :)

      Lauren xx

      Delete
  2. sounds amazing i will have to try it out :)

    http://dotofdaisy.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will have to give these a go! I'm fed up of my boring chemical smelling hand gels lol.

    xx

    http://www.beautyboxuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean! This is definitely a great smell, I think i'm addicted to using the hand cream too - it's amazing!!

    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete