Monday, February 4, 2013

Valentine's Date Night, Look 1; Vampy Chic



This is the first of two lovely looks I think will be great for a Valentine's evening out. They're just for inspiration, so this isn't a tutorial, just a few fun ideas! This is what i'm calling 'Vampy Chic', and I really, really love this look. The fantastic face I used, is my sister Grace, who wore this look I created, out to a 21st this weekend.

As you can see, there is emphasis on both eyes and face, but it is kept balanced with fresh, dewy skin and very subtle blush and bronzer, with a simple 'doughnut bun' up-do.




For the eyes, I created a strong feline flick with liquid liner, and a subtle smokey eye, to intensify and dramatise. I filled in the brows using 'buck' in the Naked palette, to frame the eyes. I used the Naked palette for all the shadow in this look, but you can use any similar colours. I started by sweeping a pale, shimmery colour all across the lid and up to the brow bone. I then lined the lash line at the top and bottom outer-corners, with a darker purple.


I then took a dark brown and brushed a line through the crease and in the outer-corners of the lid, and blended. You can take a lighter colour and sweep it across the inner corners of your eyes to lift and enlarge. I then applied the liquid liner to the top lash line, and TooFaced waterproof eyeliner in the top and bottom water lines. You can see how this really vamps the look up a storm.


I then finished the look by using the Models Co. Fibre Lash, for a really intense, false-lash look. Grace has such long lashes anyway (too jealous), but this look is really enhanced by coating the top AND bottom lashes in a couple of layers of your best mascara, or natural looking falsies...



For the lips I used Depth by Topshop, this is a deep, sultry colour, which is definitely vamp, without being too full-on goth. I sheered out the colour by blotting and re-applying straight from the stick, so it was more subtle and easy to wear.



Here are all the products I used, if you'd like to give something like this a go.

























I hope you love this look as much as I do, it could be a cool alternative for a Valentine's dinner, or a girls night out. However you choose to wear it, remember you can interpret it for your skin, you can go heavier on the eyes and less on the lips or vice versa. It's such an easy look to wear, so don't be scared to rock the vamp chic look.



As you can see, Grace teamed it with a sleek body con, with edgy accessories, and a heavy influx of black. You can follow suit, or maybe wear it to rock up a girly dress, or wear your hair loose and scruffy for a glam rock look. The possibilities are endless!

































Let me know if you liked this look, and if you have any questions at all about the products or the look itself! What is your take on a vamp chic look? I'd love to hear from you


Vampy Love, Lauren xx

19 comments:

  1. Love the lashes and the liner :) So pretty.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :), she has the most ridiculous natural lashes, i'm always so so jealous, haha.

      xxx

      Delete
  2. WOW! Grace looks insane. I love the eyes! And that lipstick is such an amazing colour!! Also I loveee that you used the Naked palette because that means I can copy this! HURRAAAYY.

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and then show me pics please? :). I know Grace's eyelashes are AMAZING anyway, I have another post with a totally different date look on Jess, that will be up tomorrow :D xx

      Delete
  3. Hi, ive nominated you for the liebster award here...

    http://hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/liebster-award.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow amazing! Thanks so much Hannah, I cant wait to do my post :) xx

      Delete
  4. I really like this look, you've made it look so easy! Just found you via Hannah Heartss so thought I would follow and say hi! xx

    betweentodaytomorrow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you so much, i'm really glad you like it :)! I lovee creating different looks on my sisters haha.

      I love and follow your blog already, so it means a lot that you like mine too!!

      xxx

      Delete
  5. Thank you Saad! I'm glad you think so, it means a lot :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the eye make up, I'm definitely going to try this look :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sanja :), let me know how you get on?

      Lauren xx

      Delete
  7. Love her eyes! How did you do the top eyeliner can never do it right annoying x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used Rimmel's Liquid liner and traced delicately across the lash line, then up into a cat-eye when I reached the corner. I can do an eye make-up tutorial on my youtube channel, if it's something people are interested in :)!?

      http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCBJCTn8FeZzp8EDHlRM0_AA/u

      Lauren xx

      Delete