Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Green Smokey Day Look - Playful Valentine's


Perfect Wink - Who says I won't have a date on Valentine's?

I bought the Too Faced waterproof eyeliner in Moss on sale for £7 at ASOS, which inspired me to create a daytime smokey-eye, based on a green palette. It's subtle enough for the day, but definitely brings something special (like the face i'm pulling above...), to any occasion.

Smokey Green and Purple Blend

Lined with the Too Faced 'Moss'
I started by priming my eyes and building up greens from the Urban Decay Book of Shadows, starting with a darker green around the lash line and crease, and blending, whilst introducing lighter colours to the centre and tear duct. I also brushed a darker colour, in the outer corner of the bottom lash line, to define.


 I lined the eyes (both upper and lower waterlines, as well as the outer corners of the lash lines on top and bottom) to give great definition. I didn't use any black with this look as I wanted it to all be about the build up of colour.

Topshop Lips  - Innocent
I used Innocent lipstick by Topshop, for a slight pop of colour, without overpowering or clashing with the main focus - the eyes. I love this look, perfect for Valentine's kisses, or sipping a cocktail with your bff.






The essence of versatility. As you can see, this look is pretty adaptable to whatever mood you're in (apparently I was in a slightly excitable one...how embarrassing), but it's all about having fun and playing with your look!




This might look slighty worrying, but I deliberately did this crossed-eyed face... as it seemed to be the best vantage to really see the depth of colour and style of shadow used in this look. I love to wear green because my eyes are green/blue, but this eyeliner and shadows, would really suit most colours as its fun, yet subtle.

The Tools Used 


Too Faced Waterproof Liner in Moss

Topshop Lisptick in Innocent


Remember, it doesn't matter what you get up to this Valentines... single, relationship or anything in between, just have fun! 

I hope you like this look, let me know what you think! Do you have any fun looks you'd like to share? Or any Valentine's ideas?

Crazy Love, Lauren xx

No comments:

Post a Comment