1) This is a wonderful dress my sister bought off ASOS.com, it is the right amount of girly, muted chic, without being overly fussy. The netted waistband is sexy, yet demure and gives it an elegant point of interest. Perfect with wedges (pictured are Topshop) for dinner and drinks, or sandals and a denim jacket for a picnic or stroll through town.
2) These sunglasses are again from ASOS.com and I absolutely love them. At £12 they are definitely a bargain, and they are absolutely worth the money, being the perfect size and a fantastic cat-eye shape, which screams 1950's retro - which is completely trending at the moment.
3) Number 3 on my list is this multi tonal wicker clutch by H&M. Its lightweight and versatile and at around only £8 its an absolute bargain! Think beach to bar, daywear or night-time must have, its a fashion steal!
4) Denim. Shorts. Two of the most important words in your summer vocabulary. They're versatile and come in a range of styles; a pure staple. I love these freshly brought in Topshop pair, the right amount of faded denim, short enough for drinks...yet long enough for tea with you grandma. Fantastic! And at £26 they won't break the bank but will guarantee no more 'what shall i wear...' meltdowns. You're welcome!
5) This pair of Miss KG Pumpkin espadrille wedges are fantastic for summer. They can be dressed down with jeans and a cami, or pimped out with a gorgeous summer frock and girly curls. I say yes, and at £55 they are a sound investment which will carry you through to autumn and beyond. At around 3/4 inches they are high enough to be sexy, but low enough to actually walk in throughout the day...now just sit back and wait for that royal garden party invite.
6) This lemon cami by H&M is perfect for brightening up any outfit. Send the mojitos our way...mix it up with some floral hot pants or keep it suave with some white jeans and nude platforms. Nobody can look sour in this little lemon number, beaut! Once again this is a bargain at £9.99. Plenty of money left for a cheeky cocktail...or three.
7) These blonde wood French Connection heels are definitely one of my fave buys of all time, let alone this season. At around 5 inches, (considering I'm nearly 5'11), they are higher than i'd normally consider, but just wow. They are amazing! They are a nice solid heel so you don't feel as though you'll topple over and the lining is padded and so comfy. Not only that but they go with EVEYTHING. I can't say enough good words about these, just fab. They do cost £120 but I promise you now - they are worth every penny and will last you for years to come.
8) The denim jacket. Similar to the denim shorts, it is pretty much a must have for any summer wardrobe. From maxis to minis to coloured shorts, this bad boy will take you through summer like a cool breeze. Around £30 from the old faithful H&M, it is a staple which once you have you won't be able to live without!
9) This wonderful piece by ASOS.com just screams on trend with the clash of vivacious prints. At around £20 it is such a fantastic buy, try with white jeans and a tux jacket for masculine meets fresh and feminine. Or pop on some coral hot pants and pair of sky high heels to take you out on the town...yes please.
10) Last but not least is a lovely pair of embellished sandals by those beauties French Connection again. At around £65 they are another investment buy, but made of the softest suede, you are purchasing pure comfort and style. The style makes any outfit look fantastic, with the jewels shouting designer. The colour goes with anything too, they will look great with bare legs or poking out of a pair of jeans!
I hope you like my ten summer picks, let me know your wardrobe essentials!
Love Lauren xx